This is a pretty standard daily look for me. I'll admit, I'm not out to impress you - this is just a journal, and this is what I'm comfortable in. It's the same gab dress from Day 1, paired with a 49'er. This particular 49'er has a brooch that lives on it - a circus theme novelty brooch. A gift from a friend, of course! I'd thought it was Lisa, but it was Kim of Jitterbuggin'. There's just so much vintage gifting in this town! (And vintage trading, etc.)
As for my hair - I'm 92% happy. When I do this for an event, I'll tease the hair on the left a little more, to balance the fullness of the individual curls. And of course, I'll tame the frizz!
Forgive the awkward background, we haven't started to edit the front yard - there's still too much rainy weather to start digging into yardwork! Especially since I particularly hate it. But hey, gardening DOES burn a lot of calories!
One of you asked for more specifics on my current workout routine. It is more intense, of course, than it might be if I didn't have to put my body in a two piece swimsuit in 7 weeks. ;)
1. Leg Press, 180lbs, sets of 12, 10, 8 and 6. One of the things I *do* like about myself is that I'm naturally sort of strong, so getting in shape shouldn't be a horrible trial.
2. Rowing machine OR stair climber, for 15 minutes. Moderate setting, but enough to get me sweating and raise my heart rate. Usually close to a 4 on the rowing machine, or 6 on the stairs.
3. On "A" days, I do leg machines. On "B" days, I do upper body. In contrast to my strong legs, I can only do about 30 pounds on the shoulder fly or shoulder press.
4. Alternating with machines (gee, thanks Sarah) I have ab work. I hate abs, it's hard. It's 100 tiny crunches, then 15 bicycles, and 15 scissors. This ab routine is courtesy of the teeny miss Stutterin' Mama, so you KNOW it works.
5. One hour of cardio, moderate. The machine says this burns about 425 calories at my current weight. I'm sort of skeptical of that, but it IS work, for sure.
6. My least favorite part - stretching. I totally skimp on this, even though I shouldn't.
Okay.... now it is time to leave for that. Where does the day go? My house is only 50% clean, and nothing got listed today. I'll admit that balancing work, weightloss, blogging and life is turning out to be one of the challenges of this challenge!